Adding an Event in the BigTree Module
- Log into the BigTree content management system (CMS) at kenyon.edu/admin using your main Kenyon username and password (DUO two-part authentication is required).
- Click on "Modules" in the top horizontal tab bar.
- Click on "Events" and then "Add Event." Alternatively, if you are already logged into BigTree, follow this direct link to the Add Event form.
- Enter your event title and a short introduction (150 character limit).
- Upload a "List Image" (740x494 pixel minimum) if you have one. If your image is too small or you don't have one, you can skip this step. Contact Emily Lindo for any assistance with images.
- Select the location from the dropdown list if your event is in-person and on campus.
- Add the full description of your event in the "Content (detail page)" space. If you are copying-and-pasting text, make sure to highlight it after pasting and click the "clear formatting" icon (Tx) to remove any styles that carry over. If your event has sponsors or co-sponsors, list them in the Content space below the full event description.
- Add a registration URL if necessary — you will need the full http:// prefix for the link.
- Select any relevant categories from the dropdown menu. Click "Add Item" to add a category. You can add multiple categories, and please note that only some categories are visible within the calendar. Hidden categories are used to automatically display events on department and office webpages. View category lists.
- Select the start date by clicking on the blue calendar icon next to that field. For single day events, you don't need to select and end date.
- Select the start and end times by clicking on the blue clock icon next to those fields, or tick the "All Day" box if relevant.
- Click the blue "Save & Publish" button at the bottom of the page.
Editing an Event in the BigTree Module
Activities for Students
Alumni and Family Events
Athletics & Fitness
Speakers and Discussions
Trainings & Workshops
African Diaspora Studies
Alumni Events (in person)
Alumni Events (virtual)
Asian and Middle East Studies
AVI Dining Services
Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
Brown Family Environmental Center
Campus Events Office
Center for Innovative Pedagogy
Center for the Study of American Democracy (CSAD)
Comparative World Literature
Crozier Center for Women
Dance, Drama, and Film Department
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Health and Counseling
Integrated Program in Humane Studies (IPHS)
Islamic Civilization and Cultures
Kokosing Nature Preserve
Law and Society
Library and Information Services (LBIS)
Modern Languages and Literatures (MLL)
National Fellowships and Scholarships
Office of the President
Philander Chase Conservancy
Spiritual and Religious Life
Student Accessibility and Support Services (SASS)
Sustainability and Green Initiatives
Women's and Gender Studies