2019 W-2 and 1095-C Electronic Consent Announcement
Kenyon College is pleased to announce that employees may elect to receive their 2019 W-2 Wage and Tax Statement and 1095-C Statement online through Banner Self Service in an IRS approved PDF format. If you wish to view your 2019 or prior year’s W-2 and 1095-C, you must give your consent to receive the form in an electronic format on or before January 7, 2020 (instructions below).
Kenyon College is required by the IRS to furnish all employees with a form W-2 and 1095-C for each calendar year. The form W-2 details the employee’s compensation, tax withholding and required disclosures for the year. The 1095-C reports Employer-Provided Health Insurance Offer and Coverage for the year.
BENEFITS OF RECEIVING FORM W-2 & 1095-C ELECTRONICALLY:
- Online delivery provides access to the W-2 and 1095-C statement earlier than the traditional paper process.
- Online delivery eliminates the chance that the statements will get lost, misdirected or delayed during delivery or misplaced after the employee receives it.
- Employees can retrieve their statements at any time of day and on weekends.
- Employees can print multiple copies at their convenience.
- Employees are contributing to cost savings (forms, printing and postage expense to the college).
Federal regulations require that employees give their consent to receive the W-2 and 1095-C in an electronic format. Once consent is given it carries forward each year and does not need to be repeated.
GIVING CONSENT TO RECEIVE THE ELECTRONIC W-2 & 1095-C VERSION:
- Open any web browser
- Go to https://mybanner.kenyon.edu