The Office of Student Rights & Responsibilities facilitates the College's response to alleged student violations of College policy. The process is designed to ensure the protection of student rights, and through due process, to sort through the information surrounding the alleged incident.
The Office of Student Rights & Responsibilities is dedicated to promoting an environment conducive to personal growth in the areas of civility, integrity and decision making. Through contact with the Office of Student Rights & Responsibilities, students will be aware of the interconnectivity of their actions and the Kenyon Community.
Following interaction with the Office of Student Rights & Responsibilities, students will:
- Be able to recognize and understand the importance of expectations outlined in Kenyon’s student handbook and policies.
- Be able to identify how their actions violated Kenyon’s student handbook and policies.
- Be able to understand and articulate how their behavior may impact them both academically and personally.
- Be able to analyze how their actions impact the Kenyon College community and their responsibility as a member of the Kenyon community.
- Be able to reflect on and learn from their behavior in order to make better decisions in the future.
- Be able to identify skills, strategies and support resources to seek assistance when addressing concerns and avoiding future violations of Kenyon’s student handbook.
Kenyon encourages anyone affiliated with the College to report incidents that may be in violation of the Student Handbook (and the 2020-21 Student Conduct Addendum), including concerns related to COVID-19 protocols or possible acts of hazing.
Student Conduct Process Timeline
Click on the chart or this link to download: Student Conduct Process Timeline (PDF).